Sonesta Announces 13 New Hotel Openings Across Five Different Red Lion Brands
NEWTON, Mass. – Sonesta International Hotels Corporation (Sonesta), one of the fastest growing hotel companies in the United States, continues to expand its Red Lion brands. Seven new Americas Best Value Inn hotels, two new Canadas Best Value Inn hotels, a new Signature Inn, two new Red Lion Inn & Suites and a new Knights Inn opened in the first six months of 2022. The new hotels add nearly 700 new room customers in the Sonesta portfolio.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has reignited interest in exterior hall hotels and drive-up style rooms for travelers by car,” said Brian Quinn, director of development for Sonesta. “As a result, we are experiencing strong demand for our select Red Lion service brands, which serve a distinct need in the secondary and tertiary markets. We are seeing growing interest from developers in these brands as they offer exciting opportunities for owners, as well as a unique staycation option for consumers. We are excited to expand Signature Inn and Red Lion Inn & Suites’ footprint on the West Coast with these 13 hotel openings.
Vibrant and authentic, Sonesta’s more than 500 Americas Best Value Inns and Canadas Best Value Inns allow guests to enjoy the best value in town in a simple, friendly setting. New hotels under this brand include:
- Americas Best Value Inn, Ocean Shores, WA: Ocean Shores is known for its long, car-accessible, sandy beaches. This 41-room exterior corridor property previously operated unbranded.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Salmon, Idaho: The salmon holds a unique place in history as part of the route that Lewis and Clark took on their westward expedition. The area is still the gateway to the River of No Return Wilderness Area, the largest designated wilderness area in the lower 48 United States. This hotel has 42 rooms and an outdoor corridor; it was running unbranded.
- Hotel Americas Best Value Hostel, Texas: This property has 50 rooms and exterior corridors. Lockhart is known as the barbecue capital of Texas and is home to the oldest operating public library in Texas.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Hardeeville, SC: Featuring 61 rooms, this new Americas Best Value Inn exterior corridor is located minutes from some of the best resorts and beaches in the country and some of the most historic and scenic cities in the world.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Cameron Park, CA: Cameron Park is best known for its Airpark Estates. Many residents of Cameron Park have private planes which, combined with Cameron Park’s open roads, allow people to commute to work in their planes. This interior corridor property has 58 rooms.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Sandpoint, Idaho: Sandpoint sits on the shores of Idaho’s largest lake, 43-mile-long Lake Pend Oreille, and is home to Idaho’s largest ski resort. This 62 room inner hallway hotel was operating unbranded.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Beaver, UT: Beaver is best known for its high quality, great tasting rural water. In 2021, Beaver won the world’s top honors for best tasting water. This 52-room interior corridor property was operating unbranded.
- Canadas Best Value Inn, Fort St. John, British Columbia: Guests can enjoy many trails and hikes when visiting the new 40-room exterior corridor property. During the winter, guests can try to catch a glimpse of the “Northern Lights”also known as the Northern Lights.
- Canadas Best Value Inn, Cold Lake, AB: This new 40 bedroom exterior corridor property in Cold Lake, Alberta is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. Cold Lake is a three-hour drive northeast of Edmonton and near the Saskatchewan border.
The Red Lion Inn & Suites offers travelers on the go a memorable place to rest, rejuvenate and embark on great adventures at over 30 locations. Conveniently located just outside of downtown areas, the Red Lion Inn & Suites is the ultimate base camp for nearby destination adventures. New hotels under this brand include:
- Red Lion Inn & Suites, La Pine, Oregon: This new establishment has 25 rooms. The Pine is the largest land mass community in the state of Oregon (35 square miles) and has the highest elevation of any community in the central Oregon region. Located in the valley of the Petite Rivière Deschutes, La Pine is the ideal place for all kinds of summer and winter activities.
- Red Lion Inn & Suites, Yakima, Washington: This hotel has 53 rooms. Yakima is a great destination for craft brewing and outdoor recreation, including water and snow skiing, fishing, boating, hiking, horseback riding and white-water rafting.
Signature Inn brings back the golden age of travel and gives it a retro-modern twist for an experience that is as unique as it is comfortable. The new hotel of this brand is:
- Signature Inn, Oakland/Berkeley, CA: This new property has 26 rooms. Berkeley is known for its creativity with museums, art galleries and murals lining the streets. The city is filled with natural beauty, from the bay’s waterfront to state parks and the Oakland Zoo.
Knights Inn offers travelers hundreds of convenient locations, essential amenities, and friendly staff to help guests enjoy their stay. The new hotel of this brand is:
- Knights Inn, College Station, TX: This new 110-room property is located near Texas A&M University and is perfect for travelers who want to visit local art galleries and museums and explore the outdoors.
Sonesta Franchising debuted in the United States in September 2021 and currently 12 of Sonesta’s 16 brands are available for franchising in the United States and Canada. Sonesta now offers a comprehensive platform of franchise services, hotel operations and franchisee support, featuring industry-leading brands with a wide range of hotel service levels to meet the needs of travelers. Sonesta is growing rapidly and offers innovative franchise models and brands ranging from lower economy to upscale.
About Sonesta Hotels & Resorts
Sonesta is one of the fastest growing hotel companies in the United States, currently ranked 8e by Smith Travel Research (STR) with 1,200 properties totaling 100,000 rooms across 16 brands in eight countries. There are nearly 300 hotels under one of Sonesta’s seven brands – Royal Sonesta; The James, Sonesta Hotels & Resorts; Sonesta Select; Sonesta ES suites; Sonesta simply Suites; Sonesta Posadas del Inca and Sonesta Cruise Collection – operating in the United States, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Peru and Saint Martin. Sonesta also owns nearly 900 franchised properties in the United States and Canada under the brand – Hotel RL; Red Lion Hotels; Red Lion Inn & Suites; Signature Inn; GuestHouse Extended stay; Inn of the Knights; Americas Best Value Inn and Canadas Best Value Inn. For more information about Sonesta, visit franchise.sonesta.com.
Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
+1 617 421 5429